22th Rendez-vous du Carnet de Voyage
18th - 20th of novembre 2022
Polydome - La Coopérative de Mai | Clermont-Ferrand
For three days, more than 100 French and foreign notebook artists come to exhibit their travel notebooks and meet the public. From watercolor to comics, from traditional notebooks to digital and sound notebooks, all styles are represented, making the Clermont-Ferrand Rendezvous the largest event of its kind and a unique moment of discovery and sharing.
The exhibitions of notebooks are the heart of the event and offer many possibilities to discover the richness of the genre. Some artists present a country, others facts of society, through drawings, paintings, comics or various writings such as digital and sound notebooks.
The Rendezvous is also :
– Literary meetings with the writers around their works and their travels,
– Debates-meetings which allow to cross the views on themes related to travel.
– Film screenings, always in the presence of the directors, in order to open a dialogue at the end of each session.
– Workshops led by notebook artists who involve the public in the creation of notebooks and make visitors aware of this practice (workshops for the general public and children)
– Sound sessions that allow visitors to travel through sound,
– Live sketches, drawing performances broadcasted live on a big screen.
– A youth program on Fridays for schools and students.
– Prizes that reward the most remarkable notebooks.
– A book area that brings together booksellers and publishers. The store area allows the sale of self-published works and related products.
– Le Marché du Carnet de Voyage : a meeting space is dedicated to exchanges between artists and publishers (accessible only by registration).
– La Route des Carnets : throughout the year, exhibitions are held in several locations to raise public awareness of travel books,
and a whole program outside the walls to discover the world of travel books near you!